Thursday, October 30, 2008

4000 Miles of Hope

Hope is a wonderful thing. In actual practice, it can range from a joyous certainty to a mere figment barely visible from the depths of despair. How do the 4000 miles fit in? I'm glad you asked ...

My son is riding in the
PUSH America 2009 Journey of Hope this summer. I hope you will follow that link and read all about it. The bottom line is that he and 80 or so of his Pi Kappa Phi fraternity brothers are riding their bikes across the country this summer after they graduate. They are raising awareness (and money) for programs to help special-needs children experience hope in a new and more positive way.

My hope is that you will join him in this effort ... perhaps through prayer, perhaps through financial support, or maybe even by sponsoring the bike he will need to make the ride.

I have long been a supporter of cancer research programs such as the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure ... a race I have run each of the past five years. I am pleased to see my son take a similar path to helping others.

No comments: